Forecastle Festival Kick-Off with Sierra Nevada – Wednesday, July 14th
Getting ready for Forecastle with a Sierra Nevada Tap Takover. Beers include their flagship Pale Ale; Sidecar (orange pale ale); Tropical Torpedo (citrusy IPA); Ovila Brown (brown ale); Bier de Garde (Belgian); and an Atlantic Style Vintage Ale brewed with plums and made in collaboration with England’s Fuller’s Brewery as part of their “Beer Camp” series (collaborative one-offs and seasonals). Takeover will last as long as the beers do, but Wednesday, 7/14 is the day to meet Sierra Nevada reps and snag some SN swag.
Off-the-beaten-track Tour of Ireland, Hosted by Michael Reidy – October 4-13, 2017
UPDATE: THIS TOUR IS SOLD OUT, BUT WATCH THIS SITE (OR OUR FACEBOOK PAGE) FOR INFO ON FUTURE TOURS
$2985 per person, including round-trip airfare from Louisville, KY, ground transport and all scheduled activities, hotels, all breakfasts and some lunches/dinner. Highlights include:
- The magnificent Powerscourt Gardens and spellbinding Glendalough monastic ruins
- VIP tour with the O’Hara family at Carlow Brewing (you love their stout and red ale at The Rover)
- Beautifully restored Kilkenny Castle, artisan studios in County Kilkenny and the fantastically preserved Jerpoint Abbey
- Jameson tasting session (with Master Distiller Barry O’Drisoll, if he’s in town)
- The breathtaking Beara Peninsula (more beautiful and less traveled than The Ring of Kerry) and Garinish Island
- The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, and a special walking tour of the spectacular but little visited Loop Head Peninsula in Michael’s home County of Clare
- Live traditional music and meals at some of Siobhan & Michael’s favorites spots, including Flappers (Rover favorite Prawn & Cashew Salad comes from chef-owner Patricia McInerney)
- The Rock of Cashel, Clonmacnoise, Kilmainham Gaol, Guinness…and so much more
We’ll stay two nights at each hotel and give you time (and tips) to explore the host towns on your own. There’s a link to our e-brochure on our Home Page…or Contact us if you’d like more information!
Fourth of July: CLOSED (also closed Monday, 7/3/17)
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Boxing Day – December 26th
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – January 6th
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a special beer made by female brewer Leah Dienes of Apocalypse Brewery!
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
Tent Party 11 am – 11 pm….Cover Charge $7/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
Reservations in the restaurant accepted for parties of 5 or more (while they last). Limited tables available for walk-ins. Call-Ahead seating is NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tables in the heated tent (with live music, food & beer counters) are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
Photos by John Nation