Milewide Tap Takeover, Wednesday, August 22, 6:00 – 10:00 pm
Local favorite Milewide Brewing takes over the Rover taps with six great beers, including the release of a (still nameless) fruited ale created in collaboration with Rover owner Michael Reidy and Managers Charles Gwinn and Michael Gillooly. Brewers will be on hand with some great glassware and other swag.
Wine Up Your Week – Mondays & Tuesdays
The start to every wine lovers week just got a whole lot better…While our regular wine list is a great value (bottle prices are only marked up one time instead of the industry standard of 2-3 X), we will be featuring special bottles at truly spectacular pricing on Mondays and Tuesdays.
What’s spectacular, you ask? Try LESS THAN HALF their normal restaurant price!
BTW, did you know that we can re-cork any bottle you haven’t finished and send it home with you? Since our bottle pricing is only 1X markup, and our glass pricing is bottle cost, it is ALWAYS a better deal to buy the bottle if you think you (or your party) will order two or more glasses of that wine.
Stout Fest, Sunday, November 4th, 3:00 – 8:00
The 2018 edition will also be the kick-off for our 25th Anniversary Celebration…Stay tuned!
Off-the-beaten-track Tours of Ireland, Hosted by Michael & Siobhan Reidy
October 2 – 11, 2018 — TOUR IS FULLY BOOKED
March 30 – April 10, 2019 Tour Brochure will be available soon – Details Below
CHECK BACK FOR THE SPRING TOUR BROCHURE AND REGISTRATION FORM…OR..USE THE “CONTACT US” FORM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST TO RECEIVE INFORMATION DIRECTLY…WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
$4225/person, double occupancy from Louisville.
Tour price includes round-trip airfare from Louisville, KY, ground transport in Ireland, all scheduled activities, hotels (The Fitzwilliam/Belfast, The Bishop’s Gate/Derry, The Glasshouse/Sligo, The Old Ground/Ennis, and Brooks Hotel/Dublin), all breakfasts and eight lunches/dinners.
We’ll stay two nights in each hotel and give you time (and tips) to explore the host towns. Highlights include:
- Slane Distillery and Castle tour…with tastings (of course!) and loads of fascinating history and family stories
- Tours of Belfast and Derry with the best local guides to provide insight into both sides of “The Troubles”
- The gorgeous Antrim coast, including Dunluce Castle, and the Giant’s Causeway
- Glencolmcille Folk Village and the breathtaking Slieve League Cliffs (Europe’s highest sea cliffs) in County Donegal, Ireland wildest and most remote region
- An up-close and personal visit with the artisans of Belleek Pottery
- An insiders’ tour of Florence Court, a stunning great house in County Fermanagh
- The fabulous Museum of Country Life
- Guided walking tour of the mysterious Burren region and an afternoon on the spectacular but little visited Loop Head Peninsula in Michael’s home County of Clare
- Live traditional music (of course!) and craic at Ireland’s best pubs
- Meals at some of Siobhan & Michael’s favorites spots, including Flappers (Rover favorite Prawn & Cashew Salad comes from chef-owner Patricia McInerney), and a fabulous farewell dinner at Fade St. Social, one of Dublin’s buzziest restaurants
- Derry city walls, Museum of Free Derry, Kilmainham Gaol, Trinity’s Long Hall and the Book of Kells, and more…
Fourth of July: CLOSED
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Boxing Day – December 26th
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – January 5th
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a special beer made by female brewer Leah Dienes of Apocalypse Brewery!
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
Tent Party 11 am – 11 pm….Cover Charge $7/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
Reservations in the restaurant accepted for parties of 5 or more (while they last). VERY LIMITED tables available for walk-ins. Call-Ahead seating is NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tables in the heated tent (with live music, food & beer counters) are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
Lineup: Cloigheann, Hewn from the Mountain, McClanahan Irish Dancers (5:00), Rashers
Photos by John Nation