Wine Up Your Week – Mondays & Tuesdays
Begining Monday, August 28th, the start to every wine lovers week is going to get a whole lot better…While our regular wine list is a great value (bottle prices are only marked up one time instead of the industry standard of 2-3 X), we will be featuring special bottles at truly spectacular pricing on Mondays and Tuesdays.
What’s spectacular, you ask? Try LESS THAN HALF their normal restaurant price!
BTW, did you know that we can re-cork any bottle you haven’t finished and send it home with you? Since our bottle pricing is only 1X markup, and our glass pricing is bottle cost, it is ALWAYS a better deal to buy the bottle if you think you (or your party) will order two or more glasses of that wine.
Stout Fest, Sunday, November 5th, 3:00 – 8:00
2017 is in the books…and it may have been the best one yet! In addition to live music and great craic, here are the beers you missed:
Avery Brewing, Tweak; Evil Twin/Westbrook, Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break; 8Wired, iStout; Founders, Kentucky Breakfast Stout; Highland Brewing, Burley Rye Stout; NABC, Huldra’s Hollow Basil Hayden aged; O’Hara’s Stout; Redchurch, Old Ford Export Stout; Terrapin, White Chocolate Moo Hoo Milk Stout; Victory, Black Forest Cake Stout with Cherry; West Sixth, Snakes in a Barrel
Hope to see you in 2018 for what is sure to be a blowout celebration of our 25th anniversary! Details TBA
Off-the-beaten-track Tour of Ireland, Hosted by Michael & Siobhan Reidy
April 7 – 16, 2018
E-BROCHURE IS POSTED ON OUR FRONT PAGE. REGISTRATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED. TOUR WILL BE CAPPED AT THE FIRST 30 PEOPLE TO RETURN COMPLETED REGISTRATION (INCLUDING DEPOSIT). CALL OR EMAIL WITH ANY QUESTIONS…WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
$3615/person, including round-trip airfare from Louisville, KY, ground transport in Ireland, all scheduled activities, hotels (The Fitzwilliam/Belfast, The Glasshouse/Sligo, The Old Ground/Ennis, and Brooks Hotel/Dublin), all breakfasts and seven other lunches/dinners.
We’ll stay two nights in each hotel and give you time (and tips) to explore the host towns. Highlights include:
- Slane Castle and Distillery (plus, a special visit with Alex Conyngham, current Lord of Slane and head of their whiskey venture…or his father, the eighth Marquess Conyngham who made little Slane village famous with the Big Name rock concerts he’s staged on the castle grounds)
- Carrowkeel prehistoric passage tomb
- Beautiful Belfast, including special insight into the city’s history and troubled politics with the renowned Black Taxi Tours
- The walls of Derry (Ireland’s only remaining walled city) and the gorgeous Antrim Coast
- The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, and a special tour of the spectacular but little visited Loop Head Peninsula in Michael’s home County of Clare
- Live traditional music (with two nights each in Ennis and Sligo Town — hotbeds of Irish Trad — as well as Dublin, we can promise some good seisuins!)
- Meals at some of Siobhan & Michael’s favorites spots, including Flappers (Rover favorite Prawn & Cashew Salad comes from chef-owner Patricia McInerney), Holohans at the Barge in Belfast, Street food in Derry from Pykes & Pommes, and a fabulous farewell dinner at Fade St. Social, one of Dublin’s buzziest restaurants
- The Museum of Country Life, Armagh and “Bandit Country,” Sligo and “Yeats Country,” historic and picturesque Glaslough village and the eccentric Castle Leslie, Belleek Pottery, Florence Court, ancient monastic ruins at Clonmacnoise, Kilmainham Gaol, Trinity’s Long Hall and the Book of Kells, and more…
Fourth of July: CLOSED
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Boxing Day – December 26th
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – January 6th
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a special beer made by female brewer Leah Dienes of Apocalypse Brewery!
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
Tent Party 11 am – 11 pm….Cover Charge $7/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
Reservations in the restaurant accepted for parties of 5 or more (while they last). Limited tables available for walk-ins. Call-Ahead seating is NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tables in the heated tent (with live music, food & beer counters) are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
Photos by John Nation