Wine Up Your Week – Mondays & Tuesdays
Begining Monday, August 28th, the start to every wine lovers week is going to get a whole lot better…While our regular wine list is a great value (bottle prices are only marked up one time instead of the industry standard of 2-3 X), we will be featuring special bottles at truly spectacular pricing on Mondays and Tuesdays.
What’s spectacular, you ask? Try LESS THAN HALF their normal restaurant price!
BTW, did you know that we can re-cork any bottle you haven’t finished and send it home with you? Since our bottle pricing is only 1X markup, and our glass pricing is bottle cost, it is ALWAYS a better deal to buy the bottle if you think you (or your party) will order two or more glasses of that wine.
Stout Fest, Sunday, November 5th, 3:00 – 8:00
2017 is in the books…and it may have been the best one yet! In addition to live music and great craic, here are the beers you missed:
Avery Brewing, Tweak; Evil Twin/Westbrook, Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break; 8Wired, iStout; Founders, Kentucky Breakfast Stout; Highland Brewing, Burley Rye Stout; NABC, Huldra’s Hollow Basil Hayden aged; O’Hara’s Stout; Redchurch, Old Ford Export Stout; Terrapin, White Chocolate Moo Hoo Milk Stout; Victory, Black Forest Cake Stout with Cherry; West Sixth, Snakes in a Barrel
Hope to see you in 2018 for what is sure to be a blowout celebration of our 25th anniversary! Details TBA
Off-the-beaten-track Tour of Ireland, Hosted by Michael & Siobhan Reidy
October 2 – 11, 2018 — TOUR IS FULLY BOOKED
OCTOBER 2018 TOUR IS FULLY BOOKED. CHECK BACK FOR INFO ON OUR SPRING 2019 TOUR, OR USE THE “CONTACT US” FORM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST TO RECEIVE INFORMATION DIRECTLY…WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
$3525/person, including round-trip airfare from Louisville, KY, ground transport in Ireland, all scheduled activities, hotels (The Step House/Borris, The Brook Lane/Kenmare, The Woodstock/Ennis, and Brooks Hotel/Dublin), all breakfasts and six other lunches/dinners.
We’ll stay two nights in each hotel and give you time (and tips) to explore the host towns. Highlights include:
- Powerscourt House and Gardens and the stunning monastic settlement at Glendalough
- Jerpoint Glass and other artisans in County Kilkenny
- Borris House, one of Ireland’s most beautiful and historic estates. Still inhabited by the 16th generation of the McMurrough Kavanagh family and one of very few houses that can trace their history back to the royal ruling families of ancient Ireland
- Kilkenny City
- The remote and gorgeous Beara Peninsula
- A proper Sunday Lunch at Longueville House
- The Cliffs of Moher, The Burren, and a special tour of the spectacular but little visited Loop Head Peninsula in Michael’s home County of Clare
- Live traditional music (of course!)
- Meals at some of Siobhan & Michael’s favorites spots, including Flappers (Rover favorite Prawn & Cashew Salad comes from chef-owner Patricia McInerney), and a fabulous farewell dinner at Fade St. Social, one of Dublin’s buzziest restaurants
- Leap Castle (Ireland’s most haunted home), Kilmainham Gaol, Trinity’s Long Hall and the Book of Kells, and more…
Fourth of July: CLOSED
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Boxing Day – December 26th
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – January 6th
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a special beer made by female brewer Leah Dienes of Apocalypse Brewery!
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
Tent Party 11 am – 11 pm….Cover Charge $7/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
Reservations in the restaurant accepted for parties of 5 or more (while they last). VERY LIMITED tables available for walk-ins. Call-Ahead seating is NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tables in the heated tent (with live music, food & beer counters) are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
Lineup: Cloigheann, Hewn from the Mountain, McClanahan Irish Dancers (5:00), Rashers
Photos by John Nation