Wine Up Your Week – Mondays & Tuesdays
The start to every wine lovers week just got a whole lot better…While our regular wine list is a great value (bottle prices are only marked up one time instead of the industry standard of 2-3 X), we will be featuring special bottles at truly spectacular pricing on Mondays and Tuesdays.
What’s spectacular, you ask? Try LESS THAN HALF their normal restaurant price!
BTW, did you know that we can re-cork any bottle you haven’t finished and send it home with you? Since our bottle pricing is only 1X markup, and our glass pricing is bottle cost, it is ALWAYS a better deal to buy the bottle if you think you (or your party) will order two or more glasses of that wine.
Stout Fest 2019 – TBA
As always, we’ll have live music and a limited menu of beer-centric Rover faves, plus all 12 taps dedicated to stouts from around the world.
Date and lineup TBA, but a great time is guaranteed!
Off-the-beaten-track Tours, Hosted by Michael & Siobhan Reidy
NEXT TOUR: Scotland, March 31 – April 11, 2020
E-BROCHURE (INCLUDING REGISTRATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS) WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON ON OUR HOME PAGE. USE THE “CONTACT US” FORM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST TO RECEIVE INFORMATION DIRECTLY…WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
Scotland, Spring 2020 – $4585/person, double occupancy from Louisville.
Tour price includes round-trip economy airfare from Louisville, KY, ground transport in Scotland, all scheduled activities, hotels (Bridge of Orchy/Glencoe, Cuillin Hills/Isle of Skye, Glenmoriston Townhouse/Inverness, Banchory Lodge/Deeside, and The Principal/Edinburgh), all breakfasts and ten lunches/dinners.
We’ll stay two nights in each hotel and give you time (and tips) to explore the host towns. Highlights include:
- The brooding scenery and tragic history of Glencoe and Loch Leven
- Stunning food and views at Kinloch Lodge, a storied country house hotel on the Isle of Skye
- The epic landscape of Skye’s Trotternish Peninsula, and the fun craft boutiques in the colorful village of Portree
- Sheepdogs, sheep farming, and Scottish politics with Highland farmer Neil Ross
- Highland life re-created in the open air Highland Folk Museum
- The dramatic vistas of the Cairngorm Mountains and Royal Deeside (you’ll see why Queen Victoria fell in love with the area)
- Whisky barrel cooperage (absolutely fascinating)
- Scotch, of course… including an intro to peated and unpeated varieties at BenRiach distillery, with tastings (of course)
- Castles and more castles…Fyvie, Eilean Donan, and Doune which you might recognize from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Game of Thrones, AND/OR Outlander
- Culloden Moor, bloody final battlefield of the doomed clan uprising in support of the Stuart Restoration
- Clava Cairns, atmospheric site of prehistoric burials and other rituals
- Beer and innovation at crowd-funded (and now world famous) BrewDog
- An elegant lunch at the Michelin-starred Peat Inn in Fife
- A walking tour of Culross, the village that time forgot (and a favorite film set…Outlander fans will feel at home)
- Meals at some of Siobhan & Michael’s favorites spots, including The Laroch, a village pub helmed by a Michelin-starred chef, the historic Red Lion pub in Culross, and a fabulous farewell dinner at The Grain Store, one of Edinburgh’s most charming restaurants
- Edinburgh Castle and the medieval closes buried UNDER the Royal Mile, and more…
Fourth of July: CLOSED
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Boxing Day – December 26th
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – Monday, January 6th, 2020
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a special beer made by female brewer Leah Dienes of Apocalypse Brewery!
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
Tent Party 11 am – 11 pm….Cover Charge $7/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
Reservations in the restaurant accepted for parties of 5 or more (while they last). VERY LIMITED tables available for walk-ins. Call-Ahead seating and carry-out orders are NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tables in the heated tent (with live music, food & beer counters) are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
Lineup: Cloigheann, Hewn from the Mountain, McClanahan Irish Dancers (5:00), Rashers
Photos by John Nation