Wine Up Your Week – Mondays & Tuesdays
The start to every wine lovers week just got a whole lot better…While our regular wine list is a great value (bottle prices are only marked up one time instead of the industry standard of 2-3 X), we will be featuring special bottles at truly spectacular pricing on Mondays and Tuesdays.
What’s spectacular, you ask? Try LESS THAN HALF their normal restaurant price!
BTW, did you know that we can re-cork any bottle you haven’t finished and send it home with you? Since our bottle pricing is only 1X markup, and our glass pricing is bottle cost, it is ALWAYS a better deal to buy the bottle if you think you (or your party) will order two or more glasses of that wine.
Stout Fest 2019 – TBA
As always, we’ll have live music and a limited menu of beer-centric Rover faves, plus all 12 taps dedicated to stouts from around the world.
Date and lineup TBA, but a great time is guaranteed!
Off-the-beaten-track Tours of Ireland, Hosted by Michael & Siobhan Reidy
NEXT TOUR: October 1 – 12, 2019
E-BROCHURE (INCLUDING REGISTRATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS) NOW AVAILABLE ON OUR HOME PAGE. USE THE “CONTACT US” FORM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST TO RECEIVE INFORMATION DIRECTLY…WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
FALL 2019 – $4285/person, double occupancy from Louisville.
Tour price includes round-trip airfare from Louisville, KY, ground transport in Ireland, all scheduled activities, hotels (The Stephouse/Borris, The Brook Lane Hotel/Kenmare, The Old Ground/Ennis, and Brooks Hotel/Dublin), all breakfasts and eight lunches/dinners.
We’ll stay two nights in each hotel and give you time (and tips) to explore the host towns. Highlights include:
- The fabulous Powerscourt House and Gardens and the ancient monastic site of Glendalough
- The beautiful city of Kilkenny and the Barrow valley, home to some of Ireland’s most talented craftspeople
- Pints & folklore in the Cuil Aodha Gaeltacht with musician and scholar Peadar O’Riada
- The gorgeous, remote Beara Peninsula and the cute little town of Kenmare, filled with pubs and shops
- A proper Sunday Lunch at one of Ireland’s best Country House Hotels
- Guided walking tour of the mysterious Burren region in North County Clare
- The Cliffs of Moher and an afternoon on the spectacular but little visited Loop Head Peninsula in Michael’s home County of Clare
- Leap Castle, one of the most haunted in Ireland
- Live traditional music (of course!) and craic at Ireland’s best pubs
- Meals at some of Siobhan & Michael’s favorites spots, including Flappers (Rover favorite Prawn & Cashew Salad comes from chef-owner Patricia McInerney), and a fabulous farewell dinner at Fade St. Social, one of Dublin’s buzziest restaurants
- EPIC, the museum of Irish emigration, 14 Henrietta Street, Trinity’s Long Hall and the Book of Kells, and more…
SPRING 2020 TOUR: Scotland!
DATES, ITINERARY, PRICING TBA…CHECK BACK IN LATE MAY. OR, USE THE “CONTACT US” FORM TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST AND RECEIVE TOUR INFORMATION AS SOON AS IT IS RELEASED. THIS TRIP WILL FILL UP QUICKLY!!
Fourth of July: CLOSED
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Boxing Day – December 26th
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – Monday, January 6th, 2020
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a special beer made by female brewer Leah Dienes of Apocalypse Brewery!
St. Patrick’s Day – March 17th
Tent Party 11 am – 11 pm….Cover Charge $7/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
Reservations in the restaurant accepted for parties of 5 or more (while they last). VERY LIMITED tables available for walk-ins. Call-Ahead seating and carry-out orders are NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tables in the heated tent (with live music, food & beer counters) are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
Lineup: Cloigheann, Hewn from the Mountain, McClanahan Irish Dancers (5:00), Rashers
Photos by John Nation