Wine Up Your Week – Mondays & Tuesdays
The start to every wine lovers week just got a whole lot better…While our regular wine list is a great value (bottle prices are only marked up one time instead of the industry standard of 2-3 X), we will be featuring special bottles at truly spectacular pricing on Mondays and Tuesdays.
What’s spectacular, you ask? Try LESS THAN HALF their normal restaurant price!
BTW, did you know that we can re-cork any bottle you haven’t finished and send it home with you? Since our bottle pricing is only 1X markup, and our glass pricing is bottle cost, it is ALWAYS a better deal to buy the bottle if you think you (or your party) will order two or more glasses of that wine.
Stout Fest 2019 – TBA
As always, we’ll have live music and a limited menu of beer-centric Rover faves, plus all 12 taps dedicated to stouts from around the world.
Date and lineup TBA, but a great time is guaranteed!
Off-the-beaten-track Tours, Hosted by Michael & Siobhan Reidy
NEXT TOUR: Scotland, March 31 – April 11, 2020 SOLD OUT
Every spring and fall we go “off-the-beaten-track” in Ireland or Scotland and have A LOT of fun in the process. If you want to kiss the Blarney Stone, look for leprechauns, and spend your nights at tourist-only pubs, we are NOT the tour for you. Unlike most group tours, we offer:
- Small group size (30 maximum), allowing us to do things that the large groups just can’t…like visit real pubs and restaurants rather than tourist mills
- Lodging at charming, small hotels that are both high quality and well located….and that don’t usually accept groups
- A minimum of two nights in each hotel, so you don’t spend your vacation packing and unpacking, AND so we can get to know the villages and towns we stop in.
- Reasonable start times….Most tours have you on the bus by 7:00 or 8:00 am, but we say who wants to be up before dawn on vacation? We usually start the day at 9:00 am (after a leisurely breakfast)
- Free time. Whether it’s a lazy morning or a couple of hours in the afternoon, we give you time to explore your own interests, AND we provide guides to each place we stop in so you’ll have a heads up on the best shopping, sightseeing and pubs/restaurants
- Sites and sights that the other tours don’t (or can’t) include, like the stunning Beara Peninsula, a visit with the eccentric owner of one of Ireland’s most haunted castles, Sunday lunch in a beautiful country house hotel, or the enchanting County Clare (Michael’s home county)…most tours race through Clare with a stop at the spectacular Cliffs of Moher, but we also hike the mysterious Burren region and visit the gorgeous and historic Loop Head peninsula, eat at some of Michael and Siobhan’s favorite small local pubs and restaurants, AND spend our nights in the lively (and very musical) county town of Ennis.
USE THE “CONTACT US” FORM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST TO RECEIVE INFORMATION DIRECTLY…WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
Fourth of July: CLOSED
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
Boxing Day – December 26th
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – Monday, January 6th, 2020
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a special beer made by female brewer Leah Dienes of Apocalypse Brewery!
ST. PATRICK’S DAY – March 17th
Tent Party 11 am – 11 pm….Cover Charge $7/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
Reservations in the restaurant accepted for parties of 5 or more (while they last). VERY LIMITED tables available for walk-ins. Call-Ahead seating and carry-out orders are NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
Tables in the heated tent (with live music, food & beer counters) are available on a first-come/first-served basis.
Lineup: Cloigheann, Hewn from the Mountain, McClanahan Irish Dancers (5:00), Rashers
Photos by John Nation