OFF THE BEATEN TRACK TOURS, Hosted by Michael & Siobhan Reidy
In 2017, we started taking groups “off-the-beaten-track” in Ireland, and had A LOT of fun in the process. We added a Scotland tour in 2020, but Covid had other plans. Our sold-out 2020 tours were cancelled, and for more than two years, Covid restrictions kept us from traveling. But we finally hosted our first post-Covid tour of southern Ireland in October, 2022, and we’re raring to go again…this time heading north from Dublin Airport. Details are in the brochure on our home pagel
If you want to kiss the Blarney Stone, look for leprechauns, and spend your nights at tourist-only pubs, we are NOT the tour for you. But, if you want to spend time with the locals, see the best sights at a relaxed pace, stay at charming small hotels, and hang out at real pubs and restaurants rather than tour bus mills, we might be what you’re looking for. We spend at least two nights at every stop to help you get a real feel for each area, and we rarely start our days before 9:00 am…we are not rushing around the country trying to hit all the supposed ‘must-sees,” but we will definitely show you the best of Ireland.
TOURS FILL UP QUICKLY. USE THE “CONTACT US” PAGE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE ADDED TO OUR EMAIL LIST TO RECEIVE INFORMATION DIRECTLY…WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US!
October 2023 TOUR – Scotland (finally!), October 5th – October 16th
This tour has been offered to everyone who was part of our cancelled 2020 tour. On March 29th, any open spots will be offered to the entire mailing list on a first come-first served basis. We’ll also post the brochure on our home page. Pricing is $5990/person, double occupancy, and some highlights are below:
2 nights at the Bridge of Orchy Hotel, Glen Coe; 2 nights at Whispering Pines Lodge, Fort William; 2 nights at Ness Walk Hotel, Inverness; 2 nights at Banchory Lodge OR Maryculter House Hotel, Aberdeenshire; and 2 nights at a centrally located Edinburgh hotel
- Tour of Culross, Scotland’s most complete example of a 17th century burgh (and a charming village that will be familiar to fans of “Outlander”)
- Glencoe, including a walk on the forest trails of Glencoe Lochan, and some highland history at the fascinating Folk Museum. We’ll also drive Loch Leven and, of course, drink in the dramatic scenery all along the way (the A82 running through the area is considered to be one of Britain’s most stunning drives)
- A ferry crossing to the Isle of Skye and a day exploring it’s unreal scenery (plus an elegant lunch in a country house hotel)
- The eerie and evocative Culloden Moor
- Tour and tasting at Oban distillery, one of Scotland’s smallest whisky (no “e”) makers
- A visit to the unexpectedly fascinating Speyside Cooperage
- A tour of Edinburgh, with time to explore this amazing city on your own
- A drive through the Cairngorms and a stay on the banks of the famous River Dee
- Plus castles, highland “coos,” standing stones, trad music, and — oh yes — whisky!
Fourth of July: CLOSED
Memorial Day and Labor Day: CLOSED
Christmas Eve: Last orders at 7:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday or Monday
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Last orders at 8:30; CLOSED when it falls on a Sunday or Monday
New Year’s Day: CLOSED
ADDITIONAL CLOSURES MAY OCCUR. CALL THE RESTAURANT FOR UP-TO-DATE INFO
Stout Fest 2023 – Date TBA, 3:00-8:00 pm
Fingers crossed we’ll have enough staff to bring back the popular event with live music, a limited beer-centric menu, and all 12 taps devoted to the best stouts on the market
Boxing Day – December 26th, 2023
Celebrate the Irish way! Traditional Irish breakfast and live music served up 10 am – 2 pm….fingers crossed!
Nollaig na mBan (Women’s Christmas) – TBA for 2024
Whew…You made Christmas happen for friends and family, and now it’s time for your own celebration! The Irish Rover revives a long-standing tradition of Nollaig na mBan — or Women’s Christmas — with a party just for you. Live Irish music by female musicians, drink specials, and a great excuse for a GNO!
ST. PATRICK’S DAY – March 17th, 2023
Tent Party 11 am – 9 pm….Cover Charge $10/person.
Under 21 MUST be accompanied by parent.
OUDOOR ONLY EVENT. There will be NO SEATING IN THE RESTAURANT OR BAR.
Tables inside and outside of the heated tent will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tables outside the tent will have patio heaters but no cover in case of rain or snow.
Food & drink (including beer, liquor, wine, soda and water) can be ordered and paid for at the bar. Food will be in carryout containers, and you will be texted when it is ready for pick up. A 20% gratuity will be added to all inside orders.
Beer, sodas, water, tee shirts, and brown soda bread can also be purchased at the outdoor beer truck. Beer Truck sales are CASH ONLY
Reservations, call-ahead seating and online orders are NOT available on St. Patrick’s Day.
2023 Musical Lineup: TBA
Photos by John Nation